My son Mason who is 3 years old (almost 4), wanted to be Optimus Prime for Halloween. He has been watching Transformers Rescue Bots for a few years now, so I knew I wanted to make the Rescue Bots version. I have made his last two Halloween costumes and I was really excited to make this one! So I sat down to do some research on it and Googled "DIY Optimus Prime costume" and a bunch of images popped up that seemed really hard to do and also really hard to trick-or-treat in looking quite boxy and hard to move in, so I just used them as inspiration and came up with my own version aka t he EASY version! Supplies: 2 cereal boxes (I used large Cheerios boxes) 1 additional cereal box to be cut up 2 small boxes (I used Keurig k-cup boxes that I had laying around) Duct tape: red, blue, metallic silver (I found mine on Amazon) 2 empty paper towel rolls Cotton balls Black construction paper Gray paint (I mixed black and white togeth...
The ongoing saga of our cruddy old kitchen is finally over, for the most part. We attempted the quick fix and failed and now with a little time, knowledge and cash we think we finally got it right. Our ceilings are lower than the average house so we couldn't buy stock cabinets. We custom made everything and added some Rev-a-shelf accessories. So awesome!! See the pictures below and be amazed... Original kitchen (aka the O.K.) We added the hardwood floor. O.K. counter As you can see it was quite an interesting set up. Here you can see the old floor (hideous!). Our first renovation attempt was a cheap paint job on the cabinets and on the tile counter top. Yup..... we tried that.... We changed the island and painted the chairs. Here you can see our ...
The nursery isn't completely done yet, but I figure I can just add to this post or create a new post when we finish. We still need to: Make the crib skirt. I have all the materials, I just need to get motivated and make it! Put up the Chirpie Tree decal on the wall, which we are waiting to be delivered. Other than those 2 things, we are done! Without further ado, here is Mason Charles Buckley's nursery: View from the hallway as you walk in. The far wall will be where we put the Chirpie Tree decal. I used Photoshop to put the decal into the photo. This is how it might look after the decal is there: (dimensions might be off)... In the corner near the door there is the laundry basket and the sign-in picture we got from our baby shower! Here's a close up of the sign-in picture: Right wall: Changing table/dresser we inherited from Michael's sister Laura and painted it white. The Ikea wall organizer is holding diapers, ...
Comments