DIY Beauty: Ballerina Bun & Gel Manicure

Ballerina Bun

I have been searching and searching for an easy way to do a big ballerina bun on the top of my head and I've found a way!!! And it was free!





Here's how it turned out on me. The top looks like a big messy donut. I love the way it turned out and it seems very secure. I put 2 bobby pins in it just to make sure it won't go any where. It was hard to get my hair started in the roll, but I kept tucking it into the sock and rolling and eventually it started working. Also, I used a brown knee high sock I had in my drawer so it matched my hair color. I found if I used a white sock, I could see the sock through my hair.



Gel Manicure

For about two months now I've been giving myself gel manicures using the SensatioNail kit. I picked mine up at Walmart for $50. Let me tell you that it is AWESOME! The picture below doesn't do it justice. It's soooo pretty. I've found that it lasts a week without chipping or peeling which is fantastical! Especially with a new baby, I don't have time to paint my nails every other day like I used to. Lately I've been experimenting with my regular polishes in combination with the gel. The photo below is my latest manicure. It is the Scarlet red gel polish and on my ring fingers I put Essie A Cut Above (rose gold glitter) on the upper 3/4 of the nail for a little bit of sparkle and then I painted the gel top coat over that and cured it. Last week I did the gel base coat then two coats of my hot pink OPI polish (in Access 24/7) then the gel top coat and it lasted a week. So you don't just have to use gel colors, you can use the polishes you already own in combination with the gel base and top coat.


Here's a link to Mr. Kate on Youtube showing her gel manicures using the same kit I have:

 




If I find more cool beauty related DIY's I'll post em!

XOXO,
Sara

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EASY DIY Optimus Prime Costume (Rescue Bots)

Project Organize: Home Office

Kitchen Reno redo 2.0